If you wish to enter the industry of healthcare without having to attend years of advanced schooling, medical assistance might be the best career for you.
Do You Want To Become a Medical Assistant? Check Out Free Medical Assistant Masterclass!
In our masterclass you learn:
- How to be a medical assistant faster…in just 4 months!
- Avoid student debt & driving to classes
- #1 thing employers want from Medical Assistants
- How to stand-apart & get a university certificate for a strong resume
The best part about pursuing a career in medical assistance is that you don’t need a degree to become one, all you need is your high school diploma or a GED.
Employers generally prefer candidates who obtain certification, even though certification is not required for medical assistants.
So, if you’re interested in pursuing medical assistance as your career, you might be wondering if there are any short and quick training courses available for the same.
Are there 4-week medical assistant programs?
To answer shortly, yes, there are.
Such 4-week programs are usually not recommended, since most credible programs last for a minimum of 4 months. However, there are 6-week medical assistance training programs available.
If you do want to pursue becoming a medical assistant in less than 6 weeks, there are options wherein you can start working as one without getting certified.
Do 4-Week Medical Assistant Training Programs Exist?
There are online training programs available that take just 4 weeks to complete. Such programs are usually not recommended, however, if you wish to start working as a medical assistant without obtaining certification, this might be the best way for you.
Choosing online training programs is highly recommended, due to the number of advantages they offer.
However, it is always recommended to check the course and syllabus of the training program, as a proper accredited medical assistant training program needs at least 4 to 6 months to complete.
Preppy, for example, is a leading online training program for medical assistants that allows you to learn at your own pace and time schedule, and from the comfort of your own house.
Here is more about what Preppy offers and its 4-month medical assistant training program-
– Accredited Courses: Preppy’s program is partnered with a respected Accredited University, meeting high standards.
– University Certificate: Earn a Certificate of Completion from the Accredited University, boosting your resume.
– Highly Affordable: Preppy offers an affordable medical assistant program, avoiding the need for student loans.
– 100% Online & Self-Paced Classes: Learn at your own pace with flexible online classes.
– Preparation for Certification Exams: Get comprehensive training and be prepared for national certification exams.
– Fast Completion: Complete the program in as little as 4 months and start your career sooner.
– Externship Opportunities: Gain practical experience through externship opportunities.
– Free Laptop: Enroll in Preppy’s program and receive a free laptop.
– 24×7 Support: Benefit from a dedicated Student Coordinator and support available at all times.
Average Length of Medical Assistant Programs
There are many types of medical assistant training programs available, and the duration of the course depends on which program you choose. Medical assistant training programs generally take 4 months to 2 years to complete.
The duration of the training program also depends on the type of certification you want, a degree, a diploma, or a license/certificate, and if you want to attend a part-time or full-time program.
Medical assistant training programs can be completed by the following four methods:
- Online Program (most recommended) – 4 months to 1 year
- Trade School – 6 months to 1 year
- Community college (certificate) – 6 months to 1 year
- Associate Degree – 2 years
FAQs on Becoming a Medical Assistant in the Shortest Time Possible
Do 4-week medical assistant training programs exist?
Yes, 4-week medical assistant training programs exist, and they are generally based online. However, such programs are usually not recommended as they might not fulfill all of the relevant knowledge and skills you would require as a medical assistant.
Is a 4-week medical assistant training program a good idea?
The 4-week training program, even though they exist, is not usually recommended. This is because you might not be able to obtain all the knowledge you would require to pass the certification exam.
Is it possible to become a medical assistant in 6 weeks?
If you study and complete a full-time medical assistant training program, it is very much possible to become a medical assistant in 6 weeks.
What is the shortest possible time to become a medical assistant?
Most states generally do not require medical assistants to obtain licenses or certifications. Hence, it is possible to become a medical assistant immediately after you complete your high school diploma or a GED.
Since the medical assistant job outlook and job growth is significantly positive and medical assistants are in high demand, it will be fairly easy to get a job as a medical assistant right off the bat.
Can I become a medical assistant online?
Yes, certified medical assistant training can be completed online, offering convenience and flexibility. However, it’s advisable to choose a program with externship opportunities for practical patient experience. Online options are often more affordable compared to traditional programs.
How to Be Successful in College in 2022 – 7 Simple Tips to Succeed
How Do Scholarships Work? Read This First…Truth is Shocking
7 Best College Majors 2022: What Should I Major In?
How to Choose a College – 10 Things You Must Consider in 2022
Why Go to College? Top 13 Benefits for Adult Students in 2022
Top 5 Best Alternatives to Community College for 2022