Are you an aspiring phlebotomist, and have just come across the term ‘Phlebotomy Certificate’?
If you nodded yes, we understand how confusing it can be to surf through the amount of information available and the number of certificates and certifications that are out there.
This is why, in this article, we aim to clear all such doubts. We will uncover what a phlebotomy certificate is, where you can get one, how to get a phlebotomy certificate, and the #1 recommended phlebotomy certificate program.
So, let’s dive right in!
What is a Phlebotomy Certificate?
A Phlebotomy Certificate is an education credential that is offered to individuals after they complete a training program in phlebotomy.
This certificate shows that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the main duty of a phlebotomist, i.e., venipuncture, and other related procedures.
These certificates are offered by community colleges, vocational schools, and other healthcare institutions, and cover main phlebotomy topics such as blood collection techniques, communication skills, medical terminologies, safety procedures and infection control, and labeling of blood samples.
After finishing the training and getting enough hands-on experience, you can take a test to become a Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT). This is a common certification in the United States, mostly offered by groups like the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
Also See: What is a Phlebotomist
Where Can I Get a Phlebotomy Certificate?
Now that you know what a phlebotomy certificate is, you might be wondering where you can get one, and how to choose the right certificate for yourself.
We’ve got you covered with that, let us take a look.
There are two main ways of getting your phlebotomy certificate, one is to enroll in a diploma/certificate program or an online phlebotomy certificate.
See more on: Phlebotomy Certification
Let us take a deeper look at the two options.
Diploma or Certificate Programs:
– Time: These programs can be as short as 4 weeks or as long as 6 months.
– Cost: They typically cost between $1,500 and $5,000.
Some community colleges and vocational schools offer quick diploma or certificate programs for people who want to become phlebotomists.
You can finish these programs in a few weeks to a few months. They teach you everything you need to know about being a successful phlebotomist, both in theory and practice, including drawing blood from veins.
Online Phlebotomy Programs:
– Time: Online programs can take anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 months.
– Cost: They usually range from $1,000 to $2,500.
One of the best ways to train to become a phlebotomist is by enrolling in an online program. This is especially handy if you need flexibility in your study schedule, as online programs have several advantages over other options.
Some online programs let you learn at your own speed and choose when you want to study. This means you can learn anytime and from anywhere.
Online programs are also the most affordable, which can help you save money and avoid student loans. Plus, you can finish your training faster, so you can become certified and start working in as little as 2 months!
How to Get a Phlebotomy Certificate?
Now that you’re familiar with the types of phlebotomy programs there are, you might be confused about how to pick the best phlebotomy certificate that suits your needs and goals.
Let us help you with that.
1. Enroll in The Right Training Program:
The first step to becoming a certified phlebotomist is to enroll in the right training program.
Look for accredited programs offered by community colleges, vocational schools, or online institutions. Make sure the program covers all the essential phlebotomy skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your career.
2. Avoid Expensive Programs:
Phlebotomy training programs can vary in cost, so it’s important to be mindful of your budget. Avoid expensive programs that might burden you with high tuition fees.
Research and compare different programs to find one that offers quality education at a reasonable price. Look for financial aid options or scholarships if cost is a concern.
3. Avoid Long Course Duration:
While some training programs can take many months to complete, it’s a good idea to seek programs with shorter durations, especially if you’re eager to start your career sooner.
Look for programs that can be completed in as little time as possible, typically ranging from a few weeks to a few months.
4. Choose an Online Program:
Online phlebotomy programs can be a convenient choice, especially if you need flexibility in your schedule. They allow you to study at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
Do You Want To Become a Phlebotomist? Check Out Free Phlebotomist Masterclass!
In our masterclass you learn:
- How to be a Phlebotomist faster…in just 2 months!
- Avoid student debt & driving to classes
- #1 thing employers want from Phlebotomists
- How to stand-apart & get a university certificate for a strong resume
This is an excellent option for those who have other commitments, such as a job or family responsibilities. Just ensure that the online program is accredited and meets the certification requirements in your area.
Discovering the perfect phlebotomy course may seem like a big task, but we’ve got some fantastic news for you.
Let us introduce you to a standout choice: Preppy’s Online Phlebotomy Training for 2023.
Here’s what sets Preppy apart:
1. Accredited Learning: Preppy’s Certified Phlebotomy Training Program is affiliated with a reputable university. That means it’s a high-quality program, and you can pursue it with confidence in its credibility.
2. University Certificate: Upon completing the course, you’ll receive a Certificate of Completion from the accredited university. This certificate can enhance your resume for potential employers and provide a proud display piece for your home or office.
3. Budget-Friendly: Preppy offers one of the most cost-effective phlebotomy programs available, helping you avoid all concerns about expensive student loans.
4. Flexibility and Online Convenience: Preppy’s classes are available online, enabling you to study from anywhere and at your convenience. This flexibility allows you to learn at your own pace and on your schedule.
5. Certification Readiness: Preppy equips you with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in national certification exams, making the program even more enticing.
6. Swift Completion: You can wrap up your training in just 2 months, getting you certified and ready to start your job sooner.
7. Real-Life Practice: Preppy offers hands-on experience opportunities in the form of externships after you complete your course, allowing you to put your knowledge to the test in real-world situations.
8. Free Laptop: When you enroll with Preppy, they’ll provide you with a free laptop that’s yours to keep, even after you’ve completed the program.
9. Round-the-Clock Support: You’ll have access to assistance and support 24/7, ensuring you can get help whenever you need it, even on weekends or late at night.
- Ultimate Phlebotomist Resume Guide – Phlebotomy Job
- How To Choose Phlebotomist Classes Online?
- What is the Difference Between a Licensed Phlebotomist and Certified Phlebotomist?
- What Do You Need To Be a Phlebotomist?
- Mobile Phlebotomist
- What Jobs Can I Get With a Phlebotomy Certificate?
- Top Places That Hire Phlebotomy Techs
- Phlebotomist vs CNA
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Online Phlebotomy Classes
- Phlebotomist Career
- Order of Draw Phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy Internship
- 4-Week Phlebotomy Classes Online
How to Be Successful in College in 2022 – 7 Simple Tips to Succeed
How Do Scholarships Work? Read This First…Truth is Shocking
7 Best College Majors 2022: What Should I Major In?
How to Choose a College – 10 Things You Must Consider in 2022
Why Go to College? Top 13 Benefits for Adult Students in 2022
Top 5 Best Alternatives to Community College for 2022