If you’re interested in pursuing phlebotomy as your career, you might be wondering about the different types of phlebotomy training programs available.
In this article, we will uncover how long phlebotomy programs last, how much they cost, how to choose the right one, and more.
So let’s dive right in.
Phlebotomist School Length
If you have decided to pursue phlebotomy as a career, you might have wondered how long the training programs last.
Well, the duration of the program depends on the type of phlebotomy training you choose.
There are two main types of phlebotomy training programs you can choose from, such as:
- Certificate/Diploma Programs – 4 to 6 months
- Online Phlebotomy Programs – 2 to 4 months
It’s essential to remember that even though training programs have a specific length, they might last longer if you need to do hands-on training like internships or externships.
Phlebotomist School Cost
Now that you know the duration of the different types of phlebotomy training programs available, you might want to know the cost difference between each of these options.
Let us help you with that.
- Certificate/Diploma Programs can cost anywhere between $2,000 to $5,000.
- Online Phlebotomy Programs are, on the other hand, cheaper alternatives which can cost $1500 to $2,000.
Do You Have to Go to School to Be a Phlebotomist?
This is the most common question that pops into most aspiring phlebotomist’s minds.
And to answer shortly, yes.
To become a successful phlebotomist, most employers want and often require candidates to have undergone some form of formal phlebotomy education and obtain certification.
These training programs are available at places like vocational schools, community colleges, and healthcare facilities. They teach you the important knowledge and hands-on skills you need for the job.
Getting certified, which means getting a special qualification from organizations like the National Healthcareer Association or the American Society for Clinical Pathology, shows that you’re good at what you do and committed to your work. It can also help you find better job opportunities and potentially earn more money.
How To Choose the Right Phlebotomist School
Now that you’ve got the lowdown on the various types of phlebotomy training programs, you’re probably wondering how to pick the right one.
Don’t worry; we’re here to guide you through this decision-making process.
When selecting a training program, here are the factors you should keep in mind:
1. Affordability: An important factor to look for is the cost. Opting for a more budget-friendly program might be your best bet.
2. Course Duration: It’s a good idea to complete your training as quickly as possible, as this will allow you to enter the workforce sooner. Consider enrolling in an online program that can wrap up your training in as little as two months.
3. Accreditation: Ensure that the program you’re looking at is accredited. Accredited programs meet the necessary educational standards and tend to better prepare you for your future role as a phlebotomist.
4. Online vs. In-Person: Some folks thrive with the flexibility of online learning, while others prefer the structure of in-person classes. Online programs often have shorter completion times.
5. Externship Opportunities: Externships are important once you finish your training, as they provide hands-on experience and let you apply your knowledge and skills. Make sure the program you choose offers an externship opportunity; many online programs include this as part of their curriculum.
Looking for the right phlebotomy course might seem a bit overwhelming, but don’t worry – we’ve found a program that’s perfect, and we highly recommend it.
Read: Phlebotomist Programs
Do You Want To Become a Phlebotomist? Check Out Free Phlebotomist Masterclass!
In our masterclass you learn:
- How to be a Phlebotomist faster…in just 2 months!
- Avoid student debt & driving to classes
- #1 thing employers want from Phlebotomists
- How to stand-apart & get a university certificate for a strong resume
Let’s introduce you to the top choice for Online Phlebotomy Training in 2023: Preppy!
Here’s why Preppy is special:
Preppy’s Certified Phlebotomy Training Program is done in partnership with a well-known Accredited University. This means you can trust that the program is top-notch.
Once you complete the program, you’ll get a Certificate of Completion from the Accredited University. This looks great on your resume and impresses potential employers.
Preppy offers one of the most affordable phlebotomy programs around. This means you won’t have to worry about taking out student loans or dealing with financial aid.
Self-Paced and 100% Online:
You can take classes online from anywhere and at any time. This lets you learn at your own speed and when it’s convenient for you.
National Certification Exams Preparation:
Preppy gives you thorough training in different aspects of phlebotomy, getting you ready for national certification exams. This makes you more attractive to employers.
Also see: Phlebotomy Certification
Faster Course Completion:
You can finish your training in just 2 months, which means you can get certified and start your job sooner.
Preppy offers chances for hands-on experience through externship opportunities. This lets you use what you’ve learned in real-life situations.
When you join Preppy’s program, you’ll also get a free laptop that’s yours to keep, even after you’re done with the program.
You’ll have a dedicated Student Coordinator and support available all day, every day. This means you can get help whenever you need it, even on weekends or late at night.
Attending a phlebotomist school can be a rewarding and promising step towards a fulfilling career in healthcare. These specialized programs provide students with the knowledge, skills, and hands-on training needed to excel in the field of phlebotomy.
Whether you’re drawn to the opportunity to help patients, enjoy a flexible work schedule, or seek a stepping stone into the broader healthcare industry, phlebotomy school can be your gateway.
- Ultimate Phlebotomist Resume Guide – Phlebotomy Job
- How To Choose Phlebotomist Classes Online?
- What is the Difference Between a Licensed Phlebotomist and Certified Phlebotomist?
- Pros and Cons of Being a Phlebotomist
- How To Get a Phlebotomy Certification
- Top Places That Hire Phlebotomy Techs
- Phlebotomist Lab Technician
- Phlebotomist Training
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Phlebotomist Education
- EKG Phlebotomy Technician
- Online Phlebotomy Classes
- Order of Draw Phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy Internship
- 4-Week Phlebotomy Classes Online
How to Be Successful in College in 2022 – 7 Simple Tips to Succeed
How Do Scholarships Work? Read This First…Truth is Shocking
7 Best College Majors 2022: What Should I Major In?
How to Choose a College – 10 Things You Must Consider in 2022
Why Go to College? Top 13 Benefits for Adult Students in 2022
Top 5 Best Alternatives to Community College for 2022