Share a link with hashtag #TransgenderFirst, and we’ll show your support below
The Time For Change Is Now
Transgender students are often never able to access a college education due to disproportionate and significant disadvantages.
Whether it’s biased difficulty in getting full-time employment to afford school, losing family and parental support after coming out, or lacking the ability to access student housing on campus, transgender students are at a disadvantage when it comes to affording the large costs associated with a college degree.
In addition, almost no resources currently exist (whether Grants, Scholarships, etc) exclusively dedicated to serve their needs and interests nationwide. As with many in the LGBTQ community, this is tragic as many other groups are adequately represented.
We’re going to change that.
A Simple And Impactful Mission
We want to help every transgender student get $2,500 towards higher education.
Our goal is to both raise student awareness and bring necessary funding from donors everywhere.
We’re off to a great start.
Love & Support Across The Globe
None of this would be possible without raising awareness and the support of the community. Post a link sharing this scholarship, or share on social media #TransgenderFirst and you’ll show up here as a supporter!
Real Challenges to Affordable College
1. Difficulty Gaining Full-Time Employment– Transgender students face an immense bias in finding jobs in our current economy, and as a result are not able to normally support themselves through college.
2. Lack of Family and Parental Support– It’s common for individuals to lose family and parental support after coming out. Unfortunately, many students rely on that support to access college and afford their degree.
3. Lack of Access to Affordable On-Campus Housing– Many campuses have policies against transgender students living in dorms or on-campus housing with their identified gender.
Made Possible Through Our Initial Grant
The first annual $2,500 scholarship has been made possible by our founding donor organization OnlineDegree.com, and it’s mission to make college more affordable and accessible for everyone.
The goal is to increase the available scholarships every year through the help and support of additional donors, both corporate and individual. We want to grow the available scholarships from 1, to 100, to 1000, and eventually help every transgender student get the access to education they deserve.
Would you like to become a donor? If you’re a company or individual who would like to support this worthy endeavor, please reach out and we’ll add you here!
“After learning about the challenges the Transgender community faces in affording college education, we said to ourselves, “This isn’t right”. We knew something needed to be done.”
– The Aldrich Family, Founding Supporters
Applying for the Scholarship
We’re outspoken critics of the complexity involved with modern applications, and are determined to make it more available, real, and simple for transgender students.
Tell us your story and follow the simple process to apply.
Amount: $2,500 (awarded annually)
Payment is made directly to your accredited U.S. College or University.
Current Deadline: 12/31/2021
Simple Eligibility Requirements
- Identify as Transgender
- Plan to pursue a degree, or currently pursuing a degree, at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a U.S. Citizen